Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Papua New Guinea - 4 days before departure

Leaving to Papua New Guinea

I had mentioned a few posts back that I was going to be heading to PNG for a preparation trip.  Well...time goes quickly because I depart on Sunday afternoon!  There is a small team that is going:  Joey and Brooke Tartaglia, Mike and Pam Feather, Jim Vonderhaar, and me.  this is a 2 week trip - just long enough to to establish contacts and make preparations for our pursued departure in 2014.

This will be the first time that I will step foot in Papua New Guinea, and needless to say... I am looking forward to the experience.  I can't help but think on the food that will be there, the people that I will meet, having to speak Tok Pisin and deal with not being able to communicate as I would like.  Being able to grasp things that are starkly different than what I experience daily in The States will be priceless.

The itinerary includes 3 cities, and 1 visit to a remote tribe.  I plan to collect some of the following information:  Establish contacts (organizations and people), look for housing, create a true cost of living, meet with doctors on Belle's asthma, taste the food, experience the heat, check availability of furniture, survey the layout of the towns, take TONS of photos, capture video, see if there is a local representation of the church in Madang.

Below is a quick snapshot of our financial support:
If you have a desire to start supporting us as the gospel goes to Papua New Guinea please visit our Get Involved page.  As 2014 approaches we need monthly supporters that would consider continued financial commitment to keeping us in the field with their contributions.  Please contact me if you are interested in supporting us this way - we will bring the Lehman tribe (Greer, Belle, and Knox) over for dinner!

support status 7-23-2013


No comments:

Post a Comment