Thursday, May 30, 2013

Preparation Trip to PNG


There is a small team that is planning a trip to PNG the first two weeks in August 2013.  Not a long trip but enough to to establish contacts and make preparations for our pursued departure in 2014.  This is a crucial step in our family's part of taking the gospel of Jesus Christ to the tribal people in PNG.

This will be the first time that I will step foot in Papua New Guinea, and needless to say... I am looking forward to the experience.  I can't help but think on the food that will be there, the people that I will meet, having to speak Tok Pisin and deal with not being able to communicate as I would like.  Being able to grasp on the things that are starkly different than what I experience daily in The States will be priceless.

The itinerary includes 3 cities, and 1 visit to a remote tribe.  I plan to collect some of the following information:  Establish contacts (organizations and people), look for housing, create a true cost of living, meet with doctors on Belle's asthma, taste the food, drink the water, experience the heat, check availability of furniture, survey the layout of the towns, take TONS of photos, capture video, see if there is a local representation of the church.

I would covet your prayers as the date of departure approaches.  There is a long list of things that I am desiring to do when there, and I will need diligence to accomplish it.

image by: Nic McPhee

No comments:

Post a Comment